It has taken me a while to update my blog having migrated to my current Squarespace platform so I will be updating more often to keep up to date as I have missed blogging of late.
One of my more memorable weddings last year was Lucas and Ida's - a wonderful couple who were married in The Anglers Rest which is located along the beautiful Strawberry Beds in Chapelizod. I lived a stones throw from here for a good number of years and was well able to advise regarding the best location for some relaxed photos - where else but the Pheonix Park.
The couple decided to do things a little differently pre ceremony; they had a little picnic in the park which was simply inspired - coupled with the weather being as good as you will get in May. Following this, a civil ceremony which was set in the upstairs room of the Anglers Rest followed by a delicate and delicious meal presented by the extra helpful staff and management at the venue.
Have a look at their day below and you will see the smiles, the laughter and the odd tear as they celebrated their day with not just each other but those that meant much to them. As weddings go this one was a real pleasure to photograph and it is the reason why I do what I do.
List of suppliers:
- Wedding dress and veil: Aspirations Bridal
- Brides shoes: Debenhams
- Eyelashes extensions/make up/ shellac: So Belle
- Hair: Claire Byrne
- Groom's suit & accessories: Moss Bros
- Venue: The Angler's Rest
- Civil ceremony/solemniser: Spiritualist Union of Ireland
- Photographer: Aidan Oliver Photography
- Wedding cake: Mardi Confectionary
- Decoration: Amazon.co.uk and eBay.co.uk
- Wedding invitations: Grange Print